Boundary is a product brand that pushes the limits of known carry products, apparel and sales channels. Every aspect of our design, production, and distribution model is executed with the consumer and environment in mind. We’re a fast-moving, dynamic, and experimental team with the drive to make innovative products that are sustainable and forward thinking. Our values are reflected by our commitment to community and stewardship. Headquartered in Salt Like City, the epicenter of the outdoor industry with unbeatable access to world-class recreation and a booming startup tech hub, we embrace our environment and these values not only as company culture but as a lifestyle.
As a Product Designer/Developer at Boundary, you will work closely with our designers, marketers, external factory team and suppliers to bring our products to life. Key characteristics of this role are organization, operational-mindedness, and creativity finding new materials, manufacturing processes, and operational solutions. You will bring new ideas to the table with the confidence to push them to market. You will work very closely with Boundary’s founders to help form and scale our lean product design team. You will help build a well-oiled team rooted in innovation, company culture, and our brand values. You are able to flourish in a both a loose start-up environment and tight-knit team, and you can remain collaborative and motivated by design challenges in a fast-based business. You are good a communicator and are able to clearly and visually present your work. You are both a self-starter and team motivator.
This role provides technical guidance and product-user insight and feedback for product design & development, supply chain management, manufacturing and raw material suppliers. By utilizing engineering fundamentals and previous relevant work experience, you will use both software and hardware for various product testing needs. You will exercise your project management and systems-thinking skills to keep deliverables, product lines on track and on time.
- 5+ years of experience working in the Product Design or Development field.
- Bachelors degree in design, engineering, textiles or relative field.
- Deep understanding of Illustrator and ability to design technical spec.
- General Photoshop and 3D CAD skills, Sketching in always a plus!
- Extensive understanding of softgoods materials and hardware, with the ability to source and communicate with suppliers to completion.
- Knowledge of textile materials from yarn through finished fabrics and testing standards.
- General sewing ability and the will to jump on a sewing machine to present a functional mock-up.
- General experience with softgoods constructions and the ability to come up with solutions to help better construct the product.
- Great time management skills, We have an open work space atmosphere and require you to be responsible to complete your own tasks.
- Ability to be aggressive when need to get the job done.
- 5+ years of factory travel and communication experience, and the ability to hold your own when traveling overseas to our factories.
- Ability to build and maintain expertise on advancements in textile material development
- Competitive pay
- Work-hard, play-hard office atmosphere
- Healthcare coverage
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours
- Outdoor company activities
- Generous PTO and work / life integration
**[Submit your resume](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)**